Catalyst for Change Webinar Series- How Diversity Makes Business Stronger
Thursday, April 1, 2021 (2:00 PM - 3:00 PM) (EDT)
NOVA EDA- Next Catalyst for Change Webinar Catalyst for Change: How Diversity Makes Businesses Stronger
Date and Time: April 1, 2021, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Online, via Zoom Fee: Free, Registration Required
Groupthink is a dangerous way to conduct business. It suppresses creativity, discourages outside views and avoids constructive discussions. Diversity is the antidote to groupthink. Diversity in views based on experience, gender, race, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and language lead to better business solutions, increased productivity, and greater profitability. It’s not surprising then that organizations that embrace diversity perform far better than their peers according to multiple studies. What is surprising is the lack of diversity in the executive and managerial ranks of large and small companies alike. As of 2020, 86% of Fortune 500 CEOs were white males, down slightly from 96% in 2000. The senior executive ranks below CEOs are almost as monolithic.
Join this live panel discussion to understand the importance of diversity to make your business stronger.
- How do companies benefit from diversity?
- Why is diversity hard to achieve?
- What are the best practices to follow to enact diversity?
- What are the barriers to diversity and how to overcome them?
- Towanna Burroughs, Ph.D., President, CoachDiversity Institute
- Alfranda “Al” Durr, CEO & President, ALD & Associates, LLC
- Sheila Dixon, Executive Director, Northern Virginia Black Chamber of Commerce
Who should attend: Business owners and leaders looking to improve their business through diversity. REGISTER NOW